Anyone who plays games with me or has listened to the Game Out Loud Podcast knows I love Guild Wars 2. I love it’s gameplay, storyline, aesthetics and progression. I also really enjoy its unique combat system. It only gives players a few moves at their disposal yet each one is so layered with depth and work in such fluid combination that you will spend most of the game learning how all the pieces of your chosen profession fit together.
I just recently level capped my third character and am still discovering new things to like about the game.
I decided to make a few brief tutorials about character builds for the professions I’ve become acquainted with to give new players or even potential players a look at the mechanics and surprisingly visceral combat system that makes this MMO so beloved.
Next up is the Greatsword and dual axe wielding warrior in a build I’ve dubbed the “Crit Hitter” for it’s high critical hit rate and enhanced critical damage.
View Full Report: Guildhead.com
I use armor, weapons and trinkets with the Berserker’s item nomenclature because they add Power, Precision and Critical Damage to further push my top stats even higher.
- Invest in the “Reduce Weapon Swap to 5 seconds” trait.
- Use Dual Axes #4 and #5 in combination.
- Greatsword #2 becomes available every few seconds and does the most damage, use it often but be careful not to interupt it’s “cast” by moving.
Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup, increases Precision and Critical Damage
Check out the other Guild Wars 2 Combat Tutorials
Latest posts by Ryan DeBraal (see all)
- Bioshock studio is shutting down. This is not a joke. - February 18
- Titanfall rumored to have 15 maps and 33 weapons - February 17
- Why are you reading this?! Go sign up for the Titanfall Beta! - February 11
- Playing Myst for the first time - February 6