Anyone who plays games with me or has listened to the Game Out Loud Podcast knows I love Guild Wars 2. I love it’s gameplay, storyline, aesthetics and progression. I also really enjoy its unique combat system. It only gives players a few moves at their disposal yet each one is so layered with depth and work in such fluid combination that you will spend most of the game learning how all the pieces of your chosen profession fit together.
I just recently level capped my third character and am still discovering new things to like about the game.
I decided to make a few brief tutorials about character builds for the professions I’ve become acquainted with to give new players or even potential players a look at the mechanics and surprisingly visceral combat system that makes this MMO so beloved.
First up is the dual dagger wielding Thief in a build I’ve dubbed the “Blood Ninja” for it’s highly effective damage-over-time stacking abilities.
View Full Report: Guildhead.com
I use armor, weapons and trinkets with the Rampager’s item nomenclature because they add Power, Precision and Condition Damage to further push my top stats even higher.
- Invest in “+50% damage while downed” trait.
- Invest in “Steal grants 3 Initiative” trait.
- Patience is a virtue. Being able to quickly get in and out of enemies effective range is the key to your survival. Execute your DoTs then stay clear and let the debuffs do the work.
Mango Pie, grants much needed health regeneration.
Check out the other Guild Wars 2 Combat Tutorials
Latest posts by Ryan DeBraal (see all)
- Bioshock studio is shutting down. This is not a joke. - February 18
- Titanfall rumored to have 15 maps and 33 weapons - February 17
- Why are you reading this?! Go sign up for the Titanfall Beta! - February 11
- Playing Myst for the first time - February 6