Anyone who plays games with me or has listened to the Game Out Loud Podcast knows I love Guild Wars 2. I love it’s gameplay, storyline, aesthetics and progression. I also really enjoy its unique combat system. It only gives players a few moves at their disposal yet each one is so layered with depth and work in such fluid combination that you will spend most of the game learning how all the pieces of your chosen profession fit together.
I just recently level capped my third character and am still discovering new things to like about the game.
I decided to make a few brief tutorials about character builds for the professions I’ve become acquainted with to give new players or even potential players a look at the mechanics and surprisingly visceral combat system that makes this MMO so beloved.
Next up is the Greatsword and Mace/Shield wielding Guardian in a build I’ve dubbed the “Holy Wall” for it’s high survivability rating.
View Full Report: Guildhead.com
I use armor, weapons and trinkets with the Cleric’s item nomenclature because they add Healing, Power and Toughness to further enhance my survivability.
- Use your skills carefully because their recharge is greater than with most classes.
- Wait for the Greatsword #5′s DoT ability to almost expire to get maximum effectiveness out of it before pulling enemies together for the kill.
- Remember: Slow and steady wins the race. You may not do as much damage as your teammates, but you’re the one that is going to be rezzing their dead bodies when the smoke clears.
Loaf of Omnomberry Bread, further increases Health Points and defensive capabilities
Check out the other Guild Wars 2 Combat Tutorials
Latest posts by Ryan DeBraal (see all)
- A Prisoner of Choice – The more I buy, the less I play - December 7
- Obduction – A Spiritual Successor to Myst Kickstarter Launched - October 18
- Make that 11 Days in Tyria: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial Extended - October 4
- Game Reviews + Hot Peppers = Hilarious - September 21